Tuesday 23 April 2019

Baby clothes, 1 wear and we're onto the next size!

Literally, babys go so quick.
Recently I've been having a clear out of my sons clothes hes outgrown. Each time he's due to go up another size, I deny it and try and make the most out of that size. However, I need to accept he is getting much bigger.

I wish I was more prepared with baby clothes when I was pregnant, I brought so may things which he didn't even get round to wearning. I didn't actually buy many new peices of clothing, I bought bundles of second hand items to save money and to save the planet. I firmly believe that it is important to reuse items that can be reused and I've learnt that much more since having my son!

Quick tip for parents to be, learn from my mistakes! -
  • Prepare what seasons + age your child will be. For example;I had my son in July 2018 (biggest heatwave in the UK for so long), so what did I not have? Vests, short sleeved clothing or shorts. I had all jeans + jumpers, well done mumma.
  • Buy second hand if you can - as I've said, babies grow super fast. Most clothing will only get 1 or 2 wears out of them. I shopped at numerous charity shops, re-washed every item and they were good as new. I saved myself probably £100's doing this.
  • Resist overbuying. I know how hard it is to go into a shop when you're heavily pregnant and see so many cute baby outfits. Resist. Stop yourself. I made myself go to the other side of the shops + miss the baby isles.